Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sidenote

A few more things about Las Vegas.

I wore my compression socks and my legs felt, and still feel, great! My calves are a tad stiff and sore but not anywhere near what I've felt after other races. So those were a success.

I don't have cable and only watch tv like once a week at the very most. But on the plane there, in the hotel, and on the plane back I watch SO much and it was so fun. I'm not really into tv but it was such a treat! Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is insane!

This is maybe kind of lame of me but I don't do stuff by myself. It makes me nervous. I think overall I'm a pretty independent gal but things like traveling I really need someone else there to help me along. Had a few small plans to meet up with different people but things went so awry this weekend that I ended up doing everything on my own and I'm fairly proud of myself for that. It was definitely a learning experience and one that I'm glad I had.

Before I started feeling like my face might be smacking into the ground, I was running a smart race and suprising myself with how fast I was able to go in the second half. It was really good for me to see that I can run that kind of pace at that point in a long race. I know I said I wasn't going to wear my Garmin but I'm glad I did. I saw that I was able to kick it up to a 5:55 pace around mile 14 and it felt effortless. That gave me a ton of confidence about racing in the future and I really do look forward to some faster 5 and 10k's.

I'm still having some trouble with the whole DNF thing but that's gonna have to be another post...

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% about the compression socks!! I wore some for the first time in my last race and my legs felt during the race and the next day. No cable ... watch little TV ... DITTO!!! I keep liking you more and more! No cable TV here either. Every bad race has a silver lining!! You are found it in your fast mile 14.

    ReplyDelete